Friday, November 2, 2012

The Truth About Grace by John MacArthur


"“Is the experience of God’s grace in your life a thrilling thing? Just thinking about the fact that God, by His own sovereign plan, decided to be gracious to me is overwhelming. There is nothing greater than receiving grace upon grace.” —John MacArthur
Simple definitions can make grace feel like an obvious―even mundane―concept. Nothing could be further from the truth. Grace is the defining feature of the Christian faith. Once we understand how undeserving we are and how much favor we’ve been given, grace becomes shocking, thrilling, inspiring, and contagious."

This comes from the back of the book, and I honestly can't describe the sentiments in this book any better. Grace is often a scary concept. MacArthur does a wonderful job of simplifying it and making it easily accessible to the common man. This book is very short; I finished it in an afternoon. It’s not so deep that you go under, but it goes hand in hand with real life. This was my first experience with the ‘Truth About’ series that MacArthur has been putting out, but it most definitely won’t be my last. I give this book a good 3.5 out of 5 stars.

*Warning. This book had a few parts that I found biblically questionable. I am in the process of seeking answers in the Bible. Read with a bit of caution!

No comments:

Post a Comment